The Solterra reels are a good budget friendly lever drag reel for private boat trolling and these Custom Black models are even better at a hefty discount. The 20 and 30 sizes use the same internals with a graphite and metal reinforced frame keeping the price low while still putting out enough drag to cover a variety of scenarios and use cases from heavy bottom fishing to trolling. These reels are both capable of fishing up to 80lb with plenty of line capacity for braid and mono topshot. Since these are single speed reels you don’t get the advantage of having a low and high retrieve, but they do feature a middle of the range 3.5:1 gear ratio which is low enough to get you plenty of cranking power without being too slow.
- Stainless steel main gears, pinion gears & shafts
- Durable corrosion-resistant frame & sideplates
- Stainless steel reinforcing sideplate rings
- Forged aluminum spool with line indicator rings
- Carbonite drag system with Cal’s universal drag grease
- 2 thrust bearings reduce handle turning force by over 50%.
- 5BB+2TB stainless steel shielded bearings 20-50W models
- Double dog, silent anti-reverse on all models
- Ratcheting drag lever for precise drag setting
- Custom Black lever drag reels are backed by a 1-year limited warranty
|MODEL||BEARINGS||BRAID LINE CAPACITY||GEAR RATIO||LINE CAPACITY||LINE RETRIEVE||MAX DRAG PRESSURE||WEIGHT OZ|
|SLX-20a||5-BB+2TB||850/65, 770/80||3.5:1||620/25 (0.48), 480/30 (0.55), 400/40 (0.60)||32″||26-LBS / 33-LBS||38.8|
|SLX-30a||5-BB+2TB||1050/80, 880/100||3.5:1||640/30 (0.55), 540/40 (0.60), 400/50 (0.70)||32″||26-LBS / 33-LBS||40|