Savage Gear Cutbait Herring Lures
- Customized Japanese Forged Carbon “bigfish” bend hooks
- “Under skin” painting technique
- Real herring swimming action and profile.
- Real swimming action on drop and retrieve
- Great for giant halibut & cod
- Available in 9 & 16 oz sizes
- Green Glow, Blue Mackerel & Rockfish colors
The Cut Bait Herring returns, and that’s welcomed news to those fishing Alaska or anyone targeting huge ling cod and halibut. Of course other species will hammer these LARGE swimbaits, but the intent is to target big lings and halibut. These are some very large lures, you get two bodies one on a heavy leadhead painted to match the lure’s patterns. Three colors available, a mackerel pattern, glow and rockfish. The “small” size weighs 9 ounces, the bigger one one full pound! Lure length, 8 and 10 inches respectively – yes they are LARGE and chunky hunks of rubber.
The lures arrive in packaging as shown to the right, two paddle tail bodies with one mounted on a heavy custom colored leadhead.
PLEASE NOTE, THIS LURE HAS CHANGED FOR 2019. RATHER THAN INCLUDING ONE CURLY TAIL AND ONE PADDLE TAIL BAIT, THE LURES ARE NOW ARRIVING WITH TWO PADDLE TAILS, as pictured.